Sunday, October 30, 2011

Hector–Badge of Carnage

Honest review by: QUIK

gamhectorbadge530

Are you in a mood for a couple hours of uncensored British humor, raunchy jokes as well as massive amounts of cursing and swearing in that great sort of way only the British can do? Well, so was I when I started playing Hector Badge of Carnage series and although I have enjoyed playing this game I feel as if it’s creators have missed a great opportunity to create a cult-classic. Hector is trying too hard to be a PG-13 game, a game both an adult can enjoy and one that will make a teenager blush. Unfortunately that is it’s weakest point. Although the writing is not bad and will make you often chuckle (or at least snicker) this game could have been filled with MA rated humor and language that would make the movie Snatch jealous, you know, the kind that leaves you wiping tears away from laughing. However, I am emphasizing that the writing in the game is really decent. I would say it’s on the level of Monkey Island games but with the very British theme and humor it could have been more, much more.
The gameplay is very good in Hector and the controls are some of the best I’ve seen in an adventure game. The way you use your inventory and interact with your environment is simple and logical and you completely learn it within the first minute of tutorial before each episode begins. '
The full series of Hector is available on Steam for 19,99€ and I’m sure a very similar amount on the American Steam. The price is a bit steep considering you only get three episodes as opposed to six episodes in Sam and Max Season 1 for example (which only costs 10€ more). I would definitely recommend picking up Hector but I’d wait for when it goes on sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment