Monday, October 31, 2011

Bullies SUCK!

by: QUIK

no_bullying

Not really geeky or game related but a subject many, many geeks and nerds are familiar with. Bullies. I feel really good today. I confronted a bully of mine (yes, you can still be bullied at around 30 years old) and I feel great about it. I hope that loser will think twice about trying to bully anyone again. I guess it’s true that bullies are really cowards who feed on the fear of others physically weaker then themselves. Geeks and nerds - stand united against bullying. If you see a fellow geek or nerd being harassed stand up for them. Talk to your counselor, dean, principal or teacher. Take a united stand with your friends from drama club, AV club, chess club etc. etc. and most importantly do not show fear. You are not alone, seek help even if it’s from your WoW or gaming guild or clan. Chances are, someone will have experience with bullies and WILL be able to help you or give you good and proper advice on what to do. Your parents should ALWAYS know that you are being bullied. If you are an adult and have a bully at your workplace or in a common group of friends (physical or psychological) team up with your work buddies that you talk about video games with (there is always one) or any old geek subject. Spend lunches with them and defend each other against stupid remarks and bully-type behavior. Tell your boss and DEMAND a safe and relaxing work environment. If your friends see someone in group being abusive and bullying you and do nothing about it they are not your friends and are not worth your time. Leave and don’t be scared to meet new people like yourself. I met my fiancee online and my two best friends I talk to daily on Skype. Doesn’t make them any less of best friends if I don’t hang out with them physically (for now).

Anyway, I hope someone reads this who is bullied and they feel better now and don’t feel as alone as they perhaps did. Bullies and mean people suck and united we can end and prevent bullying forever. Geek power boys and girls! Winking smile

No comments:

Post a Comment