Monday, April 25, 2011

The result of browsing random Janese websites…

by: QUIK

So I’m browsing Japanese websites. Every once and again I like to watch something which creates artificial bridge between Japanese and western culture. Examples of this can be Japan-o-rama with Jonathan Ross or watching an episode of Akibatteru with wonderful Hiroko (youtube: Akibatteru). So for an example when watching Hiroko talk about a massage / relaxation therapy studio in Akihabara (and shows a website for it) I type that into my browser and see what’s what. My google Chrome settings indicate that I want all Japanese websites to be automatically translated into English so I got to check out the girls working at the studio, I got to check out their Twitter feeds (also translated automatically via Google Chrome) so I can follow the links they find interesting, I discovered some weird random website through this method ( see the website I am talking about by clicking here). It asked me to type in my name (through Google Translate: rarely summerized in one word of your existance). I typed in Piotr which is my name in Polish. My result was: “Piotrの存在を一言にまとめると「変態の神様」です。” which apparently (according to Google Translate) means: “To summarize the existence of Piotr shout "God of Transformation" is”. It may sound weird and boring to you but I feel like a tourist traveling alone without a guide in Japan except I do it through their internet domains =D

Trust me, if you’re bored and you wanna have a fun internet adventure try something like this. You dream of traveling to Africa, try to find a website that bridges the gap between your culture and the local coltare of the country you want to visit (like a forum or irc chat) and just go nuts going to all the local business websites, fun websites (games, entertainment reviews etc) anything local with decent amount of hits so you can see the internet through the eyes of a person living there. It’s kind of hard to explain really, but internet tourism is fun and educational. Worst comes to worst, you got google translate, wikipedia, youtube, google itself so many websites and services to assist you that will make this experience super fun (you will feel a little like Indiana Jones following clues), services not often available (or just not as good like google translate) couple of years ago.

Just something I wanted to share with you all and have fun internet surfing foreign waters ^_^

180px-Akihabara_916

No comments:

Post a Comment